Google announced the first 2 smartwatches based on Android Wear at Google I/O this year: LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live. In this article, I will first write all the advantages of one watch over the other, then their full specifications and finally, my verdict on which is the best Android Wear smartwatch available for now!
LG G Watch
LG G Watch
- Bigger battery: 400 mAH vs 300 mAH.
- Cleaner design.
Samsung Gear Live
- Thinner: 8.9 mm vs 9.95 mm.
- Lighter: 59 gm vs 63 gm.
- SuperAMOLED Display: Saves battery on blacks and gives deeper contrasts.
- Heart Rate Monitor.
- Better Screen Resolution: 320 x 320 vs 280 x 280.
- Higher Pixel Density: 278 ppi vs 240 ppi.
VerdictThere are actually more similarities in both these watches than there are differences. The screen sizes are almost same (0.02 " difference), they both run Android Wear, support Bluetooth 4.0, have a 1.2 GHz processor, 512 MB RAM and 4 GB of storage. The Samsung Gear Live obviously packs better specifications as seen above but there is an important thing I want to point out. In India, the Samsung Gear Live is 900 Rs (15 $) costlier than the G Watch while in USA, the G Watch is costlier by 30 $. I would go for the Gear Live because of the following points:
- 1 mm is a lot for thickness and it is also lighter, even though by 4 gm.
- 15 $ or 30 $ are not a concern when you are looking at 200 $+ devices.
- It sure has a smaller battery but the SuperAMOLED screen makes up for it.
- Heart Rate Monitor: It makes no sense to me to buy a wearable and not have it, unless it's Moto 360 :P
That's it guys for this comparison, I hope you liked it! If you did, check out my other articles listed on the right or you can find the ones you might be interested in by using the labels. Follow me or our official page on Google+ to be one of the first to know whenever we write more awesome content! :)